Saturday, January 21, 2006

Change of Plans...

What's that saying? The roads of life are paved with the best of intentions? Yeah, something like that... As you all know, last night I had plans to make Pasta with Garbanzo Beans (and what quite excited about it, I might add). Well, R. came home last night and was in *terrible* spirits. A real Crabby van Crabstein, if you ask me. Apparantly the universe fell apart while he was at work yesterday, everyone in the world is against him, and servers go down just to piss him off. Seriously, it was bad. Well, R. took one look at the recipe I had planned to cook and, um, not-so-sweetly "requested" that I make something else. Something with meat.

Sure. No problem. I can easily adapt. Besides, I have a half-package of orzo that's been floating around for awhile. I'll make Cooking Light's Orzo with Chicken and Asiago (or in my case, parmesan).

The Plus: It was really a quick and easy meal to put together.

The Minus: Kind of bland. Actually, more than kind of. I think R. emptied our salt shaker trying to give this one some more flavor. I think I could doctor it up, maybe toss in some fresh basil to give it more oomph. Or maybe some sun-dried tomatoes.

I'm not sure if I'll make this one again, but if I do, it will be with some major revisions.

Not sure what our plans for the rest of the weekend are. It's been kind of a long week (for R. especially), so we'll probably just take it easy and hang out. I need to finalize menu plans for next week, and I'm hoping to try some new spinach and sweet potato combinations - yummy! Stay tuned :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Easily Pleased said...

I am impressed that you even cooked dinner for Crabby von Crabstein after he snubbed your pasta and chickpeas (which sounds delicious). :) i like your blog.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The saying is "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." FYI. The garbanzo and pasta sounds great. I am trying to make pasta with garbanzo flour, myself

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home