Friday, January 13, 2006

Veggie Thursday

Photo Courtesy Everyday Food


At least once a week, I make an effort to eat vegetarian/vegan. I typically choose Thursdays, as R. has gaming and isn't home for dinner. Last night found me home alone for dinner, and lacking inspiration. I remembered coming across this recipe while browsing the Everyday Food website, for Sauteed Sweet Potatoes and Spinach. The recipe was listed as a side dish, but I thought I could make it work easily as a main dish for just me. I halved the recipe and made a few tiny changes - subbing veggie broth for water and using white onions instead of red - and the end result was surprisingly tasty. The tiny bit of balsamic at the end really made it special - adding just a hint of acidity and another layer of incredible flavor. Considering the fact that spinach and sweet potatoes are two of my absolute favorite foods (could eat them every day, and do eat spinach almost every day..), this shouldn't have been a shocker. I just never thought to put the two together. They make just a wonderful veggie combo - I can't believe I was missing out on this! I think the two would also partner up nicely with a silky, spicy coconut curry sauce... Mmm, time to go buy more sweet potatoes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home