Thursday, February 09, 2006

Life, a wedding, and other distractions

So, obviously I've been gone for awhile. I've been trying to get back here and catch up on some blogging, but life has just been getting in the way. First off, my little sisterAmber got married last weekend. As I've mentioned before, my sweet sister is a bit lacking in the organization department, so much of the past few weeks has involved me trying to think of everything she could possibly need to have planned/decided, finding out she hadn't done it yet, then doing it myself (with her dragging her feet the whole way... "I'm not worried about the ceremony music, we'll just play something nice..."). Yeah, it was stressful, to say the least. On top of all that, I had 200 wedding favors to make (involving assembling 200 tiny boxes, filling each with tissue paper and candy, and topping each box with a tiny bow I made from teeny tiny ribbon) and writing two speeches. The first speech was for her during her wedding ceremony. See, we had a little sister that passed away when we were kids (Amber and I were 9 and 10, my sister that passed away was 7). Amber wanted to make my sister an honorary bridesmaid, so we had a bridesmaid's bouquet, candles, and a picture of our sister on the mantle near where I was standing. I gave a speech about how we wished she could be there and how happy she would be for Amber and Bryan. It was, I think, the most difficult thing I have *ever* done. I was bawling, the other bridesmaids were all sobbing, and my poor dad just broke down. It was really beautiful, though, and it meant a lot to everyone that mattered. Second speech wasn't so bad - just the Maid of Honor speech for the wedding reception. That one went really well - a little humor, a few anecdotes about Amber when we were growing up - and she really liked it. So all in all, the wedding really came together. My sister looked like a princess and everyone had a fantastic time - what more could you ask for?

So while all of that was going on, I've been also trying to find a job. Three months ago, I left a job that was treating me really badly and I was really unhappy at. I really thought I'd find something else right away, but I'm still looking... I've been mooching off of R. since my savings had pretty much dwindled, and it's starting to really wear on both of us. I'm hoping something comes up soon...

So, enough with this boring life stuff. My next post will be totally food-focused (I promise!)

Thanks for sticking around... Tune in tomorrow for a recap of what's been going on in my kitchen :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home